[infinispan-dev] Parallel M/R

Vladimir Blagojevic vblagoje at redhat.com
Thu Dec 12 12:57:57 EST 2013

On 12/6/2013, 11:40 AM, Mircea Markus wrote:
> Hmm I think you could leverage the parallel iteration from the EquivalentConcurrentHashMapV8 there instead of writing it yourself ;)

Hi, for those interested in parallel M/R I have uploaded my first
proposal that will hopefully, with your input, soon turn into a PR. A
couple of things to note: we do parallel iteration using JDK8
ConcurrentHashMap port (see DefaultDataContainer). Doing parallel
iteration makes sense when we have to iterate over all keys in data
container and check whether each individual key should be traversed
(using Mircea's filter). Sometimes it does not make sense to iterate
over all keys as input keys are provided to M/R task and input keys
represent only a small subset of all keys in the data container. Even in
those cases we do parallel execution but in a slightly different
approach (again see DefaultDataContainer).

Please provide feedback directly on
https://github.com/vblagoje/infinispan/tree/t_2284_mm or if you have
some general comments here on dev list.

Thanks for you feedback,