[infinispan-dev] UserTransactionLookup for JSR-107?

Galder Zamarreño galder at redhat.com
Thu Feb 7 06:23:27 EST 2013

Hi all,

I'm back with a more food for thought wrt JSR-107 impl. Our CacheManager adapter needs to implement:

UserTransaction getUserTransaction();

The problem there is that there's no standard way of getting a UserTransaction given a JTA TransactionManager.

It really is down to each TransactionManager provider to give a UserTransaction instance (whether JNDI, static…etc).

So, we need a way to lookup a UserTransaction.

One option is to add a getUserTransaction to TransactionManagerLookup, but that will break existing clients.

Alternatively, define a org.infinispan.transaction.lookup.UserTransactionLookup interface which is configurable. We'd then need to implement for existing TML classes.

If anyone has any other ideas, let us know.

galder at redhat.com
twitter.com/galderz

Project Lead, Escalante
http://escalante.io