[infinispan-dev] changing the CacheQuery.list() method to retrieve a typed list.

Xavier Coulon xcoulon at redhat.com
Mon Feb 18 11:01:22 EST 2013

Hello,

[This mail summaries a conversation that I started with Sanne and Emmanuel, off-list]

The current CacheQuery.list() method returns a List<Object>, which less handy to manipulate than a typed list (List<Book> for example).

My initial question is: could the CacheQuery.list() method be changed into something like CacheQuery.list(Book.class) which would return a List<Book> ?

After discussing this subject with Sanne and Emmanuel, it seems to be interesting but not so trivial, partially because of the way Infinispan supports Projections.
Which brings me to the suggestion where, in case of projections, the result list could be a List<Book> for which only of subset of the attributes would be set.

While another user opened a similar issue last week -nice coincidence- : https://issues.jboss.org/browse/ISPN-2826,  Sanne pointed me to https://issues.jboss.org/browse/ISPN-949 which is about using something similar to ResultTransformers in Infinispan.

Thanks,
Best regards,
/Xavier