[infinispan-dev] More verbose logging

Radim Vansa rvansa at redhat.com
Wed Feb 20 03:44:41 EST 2013

It's not a potential, I can confirm that you cannot run anything with TRACE logging, with log4j logging to NFS the traces can block the whole node and break things.
Even ISPN works, listing through StateResponseCommand in the logs can sometimes block "less" viewer. Nevertheless, the TRACE info (that verbose) was really required for identifying some of the bugs.
But now, I am more and more forced to run only on DEBUG level and cherrypick the desired info using Byteman.
Regarding the -Dstuff, I'd prefer more fine-grained access than just set everything to verbose.

Radim