[infinispan-dev] Staggering remote GET calls

Paolo Romano romano at inesc-id.pt
Tue Feb 26 09:38:13 EST 2013

On 2/26/13 2:17 PM, Manik Surtani wrote:

> On 26 Feb 2013, at 14:12, Paolo Romano <romano at inesc-id.pt
> <mailto:romano at inesc-id.pt>> wrote:
>
>> If you're really into self-tuning this parameter, I expect that a
>> very simple gradient-descent mechanism would actually work pretty
>> well in this case.
>>
>> We have done similar work in the Cloud-TM project (applied to both
>> message batching and number of threads active per node), and if
>> you're interested I may send more references on this.
>
> Yes, please do.  :)

In attach 2 papers in pdf version:
- "paper_submitted.pdf" deals with optimization of the level of
parallelism in transactional memories (both centralized and distributed)
- "SASO12_paper84_PDFexpressOk.pdf" presents a mechanism for self-tuning
the batching (a.k.a. message packing) in total-order based protocols.

Diego Didona (who has already subscribed this mailing-list) will be glad
to provide more details ;)