[infinispan-dev] StoreByValueTest tck test

Manik Surtani manik at jboss.org
Thu Jan 24 11:09:37 EST 2013

On 24 Jan 2013, at 15:39, Vladimir Blagojevic <vblagoje at redhat.com> wrote:

> No valid reason Manik. In summary I thought I would have gotten our keys/values serialized even in local VM if I turn on storeAsBinary but that does not seem to be the case.

Is it not?  Perhaps it is only serialised the first time a serial form is necessary.  You can get around this by calling compact()

http://docs.jboss.org/infinispan/5.1/apidocs/org/infinispan/Cache.html#compact()

But this definitely isn't the most optimal way of doing things.  Perhaps a new config option for eager serialisation might be necessary, but for now calling compact() should work.

> I need to use storeAsBinary to complete a feature of JSR 107 that allows storing of key/value pairs as serialized values rather than simple references.

Yup, I realise.

manik at jboss.org
twitter.com/maniksurtani