[infinispan-dev] ApplyDeltaCommand: question about affected keys

Randall Hauch rhauch at redhat.com
Thu Jan 24 12:52:22 EST 2013

Actually, it is both, depending upon the situation.

When a new process is started and joins the cluster, the new process will via state transfer receive its entries as externalized whole values, not deltas. However, from that point forward, I believe that all changes to a DeltaAware entry will be sent to other processes in the cluster via the delta.

This is fairly obvious if you think about it.