[infinispan-dev] Map/Reduce Tasks and classpath

Tristan Tarrant ttarrant at redhat.com
Mon Jan 28 08:02:25 EST 2013

On 01/26/2013 09:32 PM, Ray Tsang wrote:
> I just wrote something quick that uses groovy scripts.  my hope is to
> be able to execute any arbitrary scripted mapper/reducer w/o needing
> to, say, redeploy/restart the node/server.
>
> The code is here:
> https://github.com/saturnism/infinispan/tree/groovy-mr/groovy

Ray, to avoid duplicate effort, I'm working on implementing "stored
scripts" for Infinispan based on ScriptEngine.
Scripts would be stored (compiled if possible) in a dedicated replicated
cache. The scripts can then be referred to by name in dist-exec and
map-reduce invocations. It will then be possible to invoke these scripts
both locally and remotely (over HotRod and REST).

Some Jiras:

https://issues.jboss.org/browse/ISPN-1094
https://issues.jboss.org/browse/ISPN-1192

Tristan