[infinispan-dev] Translating our events to JSR 107 events

Vladimir Blagojevic vblagoje at redhat.com
Mon Jan 28 10:22:44 EST 2013

On 13-01-28 7:31 AM, Manik Surtani wrote:

>> If you're ok with changing the core, you could add a getValue()
>> method to CacheEntryCreatedEvent, and an isCreated() method to
>> CacheEntryModifiedEvent (as I suppose you don't want to call the
>> updates listener when an entry is created). Both changes should be
>> backwards-compatible.
>>
> That could work.

The second one Manik? As I was researching how to do this I found you
were against the first option https://issues.jboss.org/browse/ISPN-881

>> > The second I have no idea how to implement as we do not have
>> > CacheEntryExpired event. True, spec is not rigorous that such an event
>> > has to be fired immediately after an entry has expired but eventually
>> > (which might be on access). Either way, I am all ears on
>> suggestions how
>> > to implement this one.
>> >

>> I guess @CacheEntryEvicted/@CacheEntriesEvicted would be the closest
>> thing we have in Infinispan. But you can't check in the listener if
>> the entry was evicted because it expired or because there wasn't
>> enough space in the data container (yet).
>>
> There could definitely be something clever we could do here.  Adding
> the (expired or evicted) entry to a queue for later notification.  But
> that would definitely need to be something we explicitly enable rather
> than have running all the time, since it kinda defeats the purpose of
> evicting something to save memory only to have it put in a different
> queue elsewhere until an event is fired.

Exactly! One thing we could do is what RI does. Check for expired on
entry access from JSR module and during normal expired cleanup cycle.....

Regards,
Vladimir