[infinispan-dev] Lucene 4 / Infinispan performance

Sanne Grinovero sanne at infinispan.org
Tue Jan 29 08:30:51 EST 2013

No I'm not comparing with Lucene 3.6 now with this configuration. It
is well known that Lucene 4 is significantly faster than Lucene 3, so
that would be unfair.

What is interesting is that when comparing our implementations vs. the
Apache stock ones while using Lucene 3 we where "very close", often a
bit faster but not too exciting.
Now comparing with the stock ones using Lucene 4 it seems we're
getting into a better position... and I didn't even profile it, this
is the first run after finishing coding the functional requirements.

Still these figures are produced by a stress test whose primary
purpose is to verify consistency and no-corruptions under stress.. I
happened to add some metrics for fun, but to provide realistic figures
one should run Lucene's own bench suite.. I'll do that next week.

@Manik yes I'm not using a CacheStore, I would presume the same. This
is why I've created the Lucene-specific CacheLoader, maybe I should
complete the job and make it a CacheStore.

Sanne