[infinispan-dev] scala code in Infinispan

Bela Ban bban at redhat.com
Thu Jan 31 08:14:04 EST 2013

On 1/31/13 1:48 PM, Mircea Markus wrote:
> Agreed on all points.
> OTOH learning/using a new language can be good fun, so with that in
> mind having Scala in ISPN might be a positive think. From what I saw
> discussing with people is that not everyone shares this enthusiasm in
> using Scala, and even fewer in debugging Scala.

Agreed.

*If* someone wants to learn a new *great* language, learn Clojure. Blows
Scala right out of the water**1 :-)

But even if I like Clojure, would I write some of JGroups (e.g. a
protocol) in Clojure ? No way, exactly for the same reasons that I
listed in this email thread.

**1: OK, I have to admit that I did a fair amount of CLOS back in the
days, and love Lisp dialects...

--
Bela Ban, JGroups lead (http://www.jgroups.org)