[infinispan-dev] scala code in Infinispan

Mircea Markus mmarkus at redhat.com
Thu Jan 31 09:18:27 EST 2013

On 31 Jan 2013, at 14:12, Manik Surtani wrote:

> On 31 Jan 2013, at 13:55, Mircea Markus <mmarkus at redhat.com> wrote:
>
>> *Also as a java developer you have the general option of not learning Scala, but you don't really have the option of not keeping up with Java8.
>
> So you generally only learn new things when you have no other option?  ;)
no, but I like the option of choosing the things I learn (as much as possible). And personally, I'd rather learn distributed algorithms than Scala  :-)

> I'm being an arse, ignore me.  I realise your main concern is productivity, which is why any Scala code has been restricted to a few, pretty independent modules.

You're not at all - this is really something we should discuss as a team.
+1 for keeping it isolated to specific modules :-)

Mircea Markus
Infinispan lead (www.infinispan.org)