[infinispan-dev] RELAY2 using shorts as site-ids

Bela Ban bban at redhat.com
Mon Jul 1 10:33:09 EDT 2013

This is re [1].

I want to replace shorts as site-ids with strings. This would make EAP
and JDG configuration simpler, as both configure the mapping from site
string (e.g. "sfo") to ID (e.g. 1) on the fly. If we have sites sfo, lon
and nyc in 1 config, we might end up with sfo=0, lon=1 and nyc=2. If we
only configure lon and nyc in a differemt config, we have lon=0, nyc=1.
This means that the second site interprets 0 as lon, although it was
effectively sent by sfo.

However, this will make RELAY2 incompatible with previous releases as
SiteUUID is now different. The change would be in 3.4 (not 3.3.x), and
as it will be used by Infinispan 6.0, I don't think this should be an
issue...

Thoughts ?

[1] https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JGRP-1640

--