[infinispan-dev] configuring fetchInMemoryState for topology caches

Mircea Markus mmarkus at redhat.com
Tue Jul 9 05:48:22 EDT 2013

On 21 May 2013, at 17:09, Dan Berindei <dan.berindei at gmail.com> wrote:

> I wouldn't want to deprecate CCL, I think it definitely has a purpose - at least in invalidation mode.
The only use case I'm aware of for invalidation is 2nd level cache and I don't think that needs a remote cache, Galder wdyt?

> Even in replication mode, having a lazy alternative to state transfer may be useful. Maybe not for the topology cache, but it might make sense for large caches.

this makes me wonder: what would be the case in which one doesn't want to use state transfer for a distributed/replicated cache.

Mircea Markus
Infinispan lead (www.infinispan.org)