[infinispan-dev] Integrating Karsten's FCS

Mircea Markus mmarkus at redhat.com
Wed Jul 10 06:03:40 EDT 2013

On 9 Jul 2013, at 16:37, Randall Hauch <rhauch at redhat.com> wrote:

> Can you describe this process, especially for how it can be accomplished with a single (local) cache?
>
> A migration mechanism is absolutely a must.

+1.

> There are ModeShape users that have used the FCS simply because it suits their needs - primarily because there are no extra dependencies and no additional "system" underneath. There HAS to be a migration path, especially if the old FCS is going to be removed.
>
> Why does Infinispan not have a general-purpose mechanism for converting from one (offline) cache store to another (offline) cache store?

There hasn't been a lot of demand for this: the last time I remember having this problem was when re-implementing the JDBC store for JBossCache in 2007 :-) I think users don't generally switch the cache store implementation and generally cache stores are backward compatible. At least up to Infinispan 5.3.0 as per Sanne's email.

Mircea Markus
Infinispan lead (www.infinispan.org)