[infinispan-dev] requirements for the new CacheStore API

Mircea Markus mmarkus at redhat.com
Wed Jul 24 13:42:42 EDT 2013

On 24 Jul 2013, at 17:16, Sanne Grinovero <sanne at infinispan.org> wrote:

> Also:
> - support to efficiently preload only the owned entries

We'd still need to iterate over all the stored keys to decide which maps to the local node, but we won't have to load the entries. Is that what you have in mind?

> - expiry of entries without loading them in memory

This is something we do already with CacheStore.purgeExpired

> - pass one (or more) existing CacheStore instance(s) into a starting
> CacheManager to be used

Something to consider but out of the scope of this change.

> New one, after recent talking to myself :-) :
> - Allow the CacheStore instance to get a reference to the Cache
> itself: I need to perform a get() operation from the CacheStore to
> implement "write behind" to a relational database, in case you have
> mapped entities -> OGM -> Infinispan -> ORM -> relational database and
> want to respect the original mapping.
> Otherwise entries might be incomplete, or get written in the wrong
> order, violating referential integrity rules.

The CacheLoader.init(..) method does this already, I'll make sure it doesn't go away in this release :-)

> In other words, just allow me to inject a reference to the
> CacheManager in the CacheStore instance.

Mircea Markus
Infinispan lead (www.infinispan.org)