[infinispan-dev] Infinispan 5.3 and the new JGroups bundler

Bela Ban bban at redhat.com
Wed Jun 5 10:10:53 EDT 2013

On 6/5/13 3:47 PM, Pedro Ruivo wrote:
> Hi Alan,
>
> On 06/05/2013 02:43 PM, Alan Field wrote:
>> Hey Pedro,
>>
>> I have a couple of questions for you about this.
>>
>> 1) What is the default bundler used in JGroups 2.7.x?
>
> Bela is the right person to answer this, but I think the new bundler was
> created only in JGroups 3.3.x.

Correct

>> 2) Are there any issues with running versions of Infinispan < 5.3 with the new bundler?
>
> No problem at all. In Infinispan < 5.3 the priority/synchronous messages
> (puts, prepares, commits, remote gets, etc...) bypass the bundling
> mechanism and they are sent to the network immediately.

I wouldn't be so sure: in 3.3, we now bundle OOB messages, so the tag to
use to skip bundling is DONT_BUNDLE, but in Infinispan < 5.3, they used
OOB to achieve this. This is not supported, so bundling of OOB messages
might break things.

Or it might as well work, but I for one won't make any guarantees... :-)

--
Bela Ban, JGroups lead (http://www.jgroups.org)