[infinispan-dev] CHMv8 bugfix to be backported

Sanne Grinovero sanne at infinispan.org
Thu Jun 6 07:11:33 EDT 2013

The concurrency-interest mailing list mentioned a bug in the CHMv8
which could cause data loss, apparently a fix was applied already but
I guess this doesn't magically appear in the Infinispan sources.

I didn't create a JIRA as I haven't been able to look if the issue
affects our copy, or how critical it is, but I guess someone should
have a look at it as "data loss" doesn't sound too good; please could
someone take this over and create one as needed as I'll be offline
most of the next days.

In this case I've been lucky to spot the discussion, but could we
think of a better process to track the upstream code changes? Also it
would be nice to catch these problems first, apparently others are
doing more in-depth tests :-)

Sanne