[infinispan-dev] New bundler performance

Radim Vansa rvansa at redhat.com
Wed Jun 12 07:38:01 EDT 2013

Hi Pedro

----- Original Message -----

This attribute is deprecated and is not used anymore. Bundling cannot be switched off in configuration (as far as I know), only by setting the DONT_BUNDLE flag. I could try to disable bundling manually, I will do that.

| 2) how many Stressor threads (assuming radargun) are executing
| transactions in each node? Could you run with a high number of Stressor
| threads like 16, 32, 64 and 128 (with and without bundling in JGroups)?

This is non-transactional, I assume you're asking about operations

 5 threads -> 4300 writes
10 threads -> 4800 writes
20 threads -> 4200 writes
40 threads -> 3700 writes

| About the reads, I don't know if this make sense, but if the
| communication cost is higher the threads are blocked longer and will
| perform less read operations in the same time interval.

The number is computed as number of reads / (time spent in the reads / number of threads). Therefore, it should not be affected by the writes in the direct way from the test (the writes should affect the result in such way only that the node is processing something more or less load in that moment and has less or more time to respond to the read request). But OK, it could be affected in some complicated fashion, let's focus on the writes.

Radim