[infinispan-dev] partial shutdown problem when shutting down the coordinator

Mircea Markus mmarkus at redhat.com
Thu Jun 13 09:15:57 EDT 2013

Hi Dan,

<snip>
But unfortunately the partial shutdown case does NOT work, if the coordinator node is a member of partial shutdown nodes.
When the coordinator is down while suspending rebalance, one of the rest servers is becoming a new coordinator with rebalanceEnabled=true, and after that, the rebalance process is starting.
Once this happened, it will cause the unexpected cache data accumulation on the nodes that are awaiting shutdown request.
</snip>

Seems like this scenario is not covered. I guess we should broadcast (to all the members) the clean shutdown request so that the new coordinator would know pick it up and don't start the rebalance?

Mircea Markus
Infinispan lead (www.infinispan.org)