[infinispan-dev] KeyAffinityService

cotton-ben ben.cotton at ALUMNI.RUTGERS.EDU
Fri Jun 14 14:13:42 EDT 2013

/> Another thing you can do is have a replicated Cache holding the mapping
between the actual keys and the affinity keys./

Yes, no doubt about it.  This will work.

But, it technically requires the additional participation of a second
full-blown Cache.  It will work, but it is not gorgeous.  Giving me direct
API support for

*K getKeyForAddress(Address pinnedNodeAddress, K objectNaturalKey);*

is /gorgeous/ because it empowers me -- directly from the ISPN API --  to
not /necessarily/ carry around the additional participation of a second
full-blown Cache.