[infinispan-dev] L1 Data Container

Pedro Ruivo pedro at infinispan.org
Wed Jun 19 10:10:14 EDT 2013

On 06/19/2013 02:46 PM, William Burns wrote:

> +1 always having it be bounded would be really good.  The configuration
> could have a default and there could be a check to make sure they have >
> 1 configured if provided.  I don't know what would be the best default
> here though? 64? 128? 1024?

I think for now it should be something related to the max available heap
space... something like 1024 for GB of heap available (more memory, more
L1 :D). This will require a bunch of benchmarking hours to find some
good default value :(

in 1 or 2 years (and if it is required) we can start doing some memory
auto-tune for the max L1 entries (it's preferable to drop L1 entries
than "normal" entries)