[infinispan-dev] L1 Data Container

cotton-ben ben.cotton at ALUMNI.RUTGERS.EDU
Wed Jun 19 10:35:09 EDT 2013

/
>> Benefits:
>> 1. L1 cache can be separately tuned - L1 maxEntries for example

> -1!
>  I don't think thats a benefit actually, from the point of view of a user:
> [...]
> At the opposite site, I don't see how - as a user - I could optimally
tune a separate container. /

There is 1 place where this is important from the User's view.  Users want
(and actually need) to be able to tune their expectations for their
Cache/Grid provider's L1 capability join-point.  Specifically, a user can be
greatly empowered if their provider provides an API that assist the user's
preference for "where he wants to be" on the get(K) probability  of "hit at L1"
vs. get(K) probability of "readThrough at remoteContainer" distribution curve.