[infinispan-dev] Introducing builder subpackages

Navin Surtani nsurtani at redhat.com
Wed Jun 26 01:29:57 EDT 2013

While working through ISPN-2463, and the sub-tasks I was wondering about the organisation of the ConfigurationBuilder classes.

Currently, they are located in org.infinispan.configuration.cache.etc or org.infinispan.configuration.global.etc. The actual Configuration classes are within the same package already as well. To me, this sounds a little bit cluttered and perhaps not very intuitive and I was wondering if it might be a better idea to have something like:

org.infinispan.configuration.cache.builders.ConfigurationBuilder (and others)
org.infinispan.configuration.global.builders.GlobalConfigurationBuilder (etc etc)

Another suggestion could be:

org.infinispan.configuration.builders.cache.etc
org.infinispan.configuration.builders.glocal.etc

The only problem with that would be breaking backward compatibility, but from ISPN 6.x onwards I think that there are a fair few classes and packages being moved around anyway. It's just an idea that might make the API seem a little bit cleaner as to where it's located.

Thoughts?

Navin Surtani

Software Engineer
JBoss SET