[infinispan-dev] Conditional cache operations useless with Optimistic locking?

Galder Zamarreño galder at redhat.com
Wed Mar 6 09:45:14 EST 2013

Hi,

Re: https://issues.jboss.org/browse/ISPN-2891

Not sure what previous Infinispan version the AS instance Immutant guys used (5.1?), but seems like they're having more issues with the clojure test linked in the JIRA.

Again, we're talking about issues with replace(), but in a single node environment. They seem to have issues with PL and OL, but let's focus on OL for which there are logs attached.

Do conditional operations make any sense at all with OL? For example, can the return of replace() be taken a truthful in a transaction with OL?

As shown in the bad.log, this is not possible because lock acquisition and write skew checks are only done when the transaction is committed. So, what's the point of the conditional operations with OL? Their returns provide no guarantees whatsoever.

If this is known thing, I'm not aware of any docu on the topic.

Thoughts?

galder at redhat.com
twitter.com/galderz

Project Lead, Escalante