[infinispan-dev] a nice HTML5 console for Infinispan & a question on MBean names...

Tristan Tarrant ttarrant at redhat.com
Thu Mar 21 08:47:14 EDT 2013

On 03/21/2013 12:48 PM, James Strachan wrote:
> So as it turns out I've added a workaround to the MBean naming issue;
> I've just created a new custom UI for Infinispan inside hawtio. (Feel
> free to close the JIRA if you like).
>
> I've attached a little screenshot of what I've got so far in case
> anyone's interested.
>
> I'm now about to try add in CLI support...

Excellent stuff.

For the CLI, you need to invoke the createSessionId(String cacheName)
method on the Interpreter MBean and then use that session id for all
subsequent invocations on the execute(String sessionId, String script)
method.
The execute method returns a map which may contain the following:

OUTPUT the output of the execution of the script (roughly equivalent to
stdout)
ERROR errors which occurred during script execution (roughly equivalent
to stderr)
STACKTRACE a stacktrace in case of errors
CACHE the name of the currently selected cache for the script session

If you need help, just ask

Tristan