[infinispan-dev] Bye bye wrappers, ComparingConcurrentHashMapv8 is here (ISPN-2281)

Galder Zamarreño galder at redhat.com
Thu Mar 21 07:17:51 EDT 2013

On Mar 20, 2013, at 11:52 AM, Manik Surtani <msurtani at redhat.com> wrote:

> On 18 Mar 2013, at 12:21, Galder Zamarreño <galder at redhat.com> wrote:
>
>> This is why, I've created a new CHM, based on the CHMv8, called ComparingConcurrentHashMapv8 (thx Tristan for the name!). The work for this can be seen in:https://github.com/galderz/infinispan/commit/351e29d327d163ca8e941edf873f6d46b43cfae1
>
> Sounds good, but why not extend org.infinispan.util.concurrent.jdk8backported.ConcurrentHashMapV8?

To be honest, I'm considering keeping only one ConcurrentHashMapV8 around, which had the Comparing functions pluggable…, and I might end up doing that. IOW, a ComparingConcurrentHashMapV8 instance created with ComparingObject function for both keys and values is functionality equivalent ConcurrentHashMapV8 with little/hardly impact.

I originally wanted to keep two versions so that I could more easily port over changes in JSR-166 to org.infinispan.util.concurrent.jdk8backported.ConcurrentHashMapV8, and then pass this on to ComparingCHMv8… but I don't think it's worth it.