[infinispan-dev] distributed fork-join executor prototype

Matt Hoffman matt at mhoffman.org
Wed May 8 20:50:51 EDT 2013

Resurrecting this topic:  I've put some sample code on my fork here:
https://github.com/matthoffman/infinispan/tree/dfj
There's a README there that offers an overview. I hope to do some
performance comparisons over the weekend, but in the meantime, the code is
there if you're curious.

I'm mainly interested whether this is the type of thing that Infinispan may
be interested in, as an alternative to the current distributed executor
(much like the ForkJoinPool in the JDK is an alternative to a traditional
thread pool).
If so, the next steps would be to do some performance tests, pick one
implementation to move forward with (out of the 3 prototypes on that
branch) and clean it up sufficiently to be considered for a pull request.

If its not something that Infinispan is interested in, then I'll change
approaches and make it more generic, so that it isn't
Infinispan-specific and can be used with other transports. I'm open to
either option... I think there are pros and cons either way.

Thanks!

matt