[infinispan-dev] Recovery with async cache mode

Pedro Ruivo pedro at infinispan.org
Thu May 9 10:53:52 EDT 2013

Hi,

(related to ISPN-3063)

I noticed while working on ISPN-3063 that we allow Recovery even if the
CacheMode is async.

My opinion, this does not makes sense because we send the prepare as 1
phase commit. So it is impossible to have in-doubt transaction to be
recovery later (right?)

The strange part, when I add this condition to the
RecoveryConfigurationBuilder.validate(), hundred of tests are running in
this configuration (async cache mode + recovery). However, this
combination should not be possible by [1]. Note that the test is
currently disable but I'm fixing it and I want to enable it in ISPN-3063.

Question: change the test suite or remove the test [1]?

I think the correct thing to do is to fix the test suite and throw an
exception if someone tries to enable recovery with async cache mode.

wdyt?

Cheers,
Pedro

[1]