[infinispan-dev] moving (some) cache stores in a different github repository

Sanne Grinovero sanne at infinispan.org
Thu May 9 11:03:48 EDT 2013

On 9 May 2013 15:10, Manik Surtani <msurtani at redhat.com> wrote:
> This is something we discussed last year.  IIRC we agreed that all cache stores (except the 0-dep FCS) and hot rod clients will move out of the infinispan repo, and have their own repos.  They will also have their own release cycles, so will only be released as and when there is a change in their code.

I remember the discussion, but never agreed on it being a good idea.
I'm not strictly against it, just that I am not understanding the
point if it, while there are drawbacks.

> Now when it comes to breaking stuff, this means that our CI will get more complex.  Any changes to core will cause a build and re-test of all "consuming" projects (cache stores and hot rod clients).  Failures on any of these "consuming" projects should cause a failure in core's CI suite.

I like the sound of that, but to play devil's advocate that's much
easier to implement by keeping them all in the same repository.

Also you need to answer how non-Maven users will know which versions
are going to be compatible. "everyone should use Maven" is not a fair
reply ;-)