[infinispan-dev] moving (some) cache stores in a different github repository

Mircea Markus mmarkus at redhat.com
Thu May 9 16:32:25 EDT 2013

On 9 May 2013, at 15:10, Manik Surtani wrote:

> This is something we discussed last year.  IIRC we agreed that all cache stores (except the 0-dep FCS) and hot rod clients will move out of the infinispan repo, and have their own repos.
I was thinking of multiple modules in the same github project, each module with a dependency to a specific infinispan version. I'd want e.g. to upgrade the JDBC store on every release but let the community upgrade the cloud cache store. That would tell us how much traction a store has, give place for contribution, and make our life easier.
>  They will also have their own release cycles, so will only be released as and when there is a change in their code.
+1

> Now when it comes to breaking stuff, this means that our CI will get more complex.  Any changes to core will cause a build and re-test of all "consuming" projects (cache stores and hot rod clients).
I think that can happen on a daily basis. If the core breaks a cache store then the fix in core should come with an unit test so that it won't happen again.
>  Failures on any of these "consuming" projects should cause a failure in core's CI suite.

Mircea Markus
Infinispan lead (www.infinispan.org)