[infinispan-dev] Infinispan project versioning

Mircea Markus mmarkus at redhat.com
Mon May 13 13:15:52 EDT 2013

Hi,

There has been some confusion (me included) on how release versioning works in Infinispan.
We follow the "standard" versioning scheme as described in the JBoss Project Versioning document[1] with the following meaning for release versions:
- Alpha - early releases that are not API complete, but have usuable new functional capabilities the community can benefit from
- Beta - releases where the release is API complete, but its not completely tested, or there may even be questions about the API itself, that may change, even though the implementation is complete
- CR - ready to be released from our POV, just waiting for community's validation
- Final...

[1] https://community.jboss.org/wiki/JBossProjectVersioning

Mircea Markus
Infinispan lead (www.infinispan.org)