[infinispan-dev] TimeService (ISPN-3069): CacheLoader API break

Sanne Grinovero sanne at infinispan.org
Mon May 13 13:44:48 EDT 2013

On 13 May 2013 18:32, Manik Surtani <msurtani at redhat.com> wrote:

>>> I've seen quite a bit of end-user code that doesn't touch AdvancedCache.
>> I'm on Dan's side here, I think it's pretty popular through the users and should be considered as public API. A note on the same lines, we also recommend all our users to use Flag.IGNORE_RETURN_VALUE, which again goes trough AdvancedCache.
>
> So you're saying getTimeService() should be in EmbeddedCacheManager?  That's Dan's argument... I really don't think this should be accessible by end-user applications.

+1 to keep it hidden, but SPI kind of API wouldn't be too bad.

More importantly, I'd design it in such a way that different Caches
could be using a different one. Doesn't have to be supported in the
current code implementation, I just mean API-wise this should not be
on a "global" component but on a Cache-specific one.

Sanne