[infinispan-dev] commit not failing but transaction reported as in-doubt

Mircea Markus mmarkus at redhat.com
Wed May 15 08:13:11 EDT 2013

Hi Jonathan,

In the scope of ISPN-3063 [1] we came to a problem we need some advice on :-)

Would a transaction manager expect/handle this situation: for a transaction the commit is successful but at a further point the same transaction would be reported as "in-doubt" to the recovery process. In our case this can happen when we send the commit async and this might only fail after the commit is acknowledged to the TM.

[1] https://issues.jboss.org/browse/ISPN-3063

Mircea Markus
Infinispan lead (www.infinispan.org)