[infinispan-dev] How to get Grouper<T>#computeGroup(key) return value to map to physical Node?

cotton-ben ben.cotton at ALUMNI.RUTGERS.EDU
Tue May 21 12:22:53 EDT 2013

Thanks for the response Galder.  Interesting.  I have been counseled by
Mircea to use the KeyAffiinityService API to do my physical key pinning @
specific node participants.  However, the KeyAffinityService brings the risk
of not being able to allow my pinned keys to survive topology changes (i.e.
the physical key affinity may be lost).   The Grouper#computeGroup(key)
technique *does* survive grid topology changes (but does not offer a
mechanism for physically pinning @ specific node identity -- i.e. Grouper
pins keys to nodes anonymously).

The ideal compromise (of course!) is to empower the user with a
non-anonymous Grouper#computeGroup(key) API capability ... where I can have
my key pinned @node=ID_CHOSEN_BY_ME *and* able to survive a topology change.

Still musing on these considerations.  :-)