[infinispan-dev] still to do on HR-embedded integration in ISPN-2281

Martin Gencur mgencur at redhat.com
Fri May 24 08:50:57 EDT 2013

Hi,
so I gave it another try with latest Infinispan and Infinispan-server
snapshots (HEAD: a901168, resp. bc432fa) . In short, the results are
still the same for inVM mode but worse for client-server mode. Of
course, I haven't changed anything in the test since last time.

This time, I left out the results for 1MB entries because there's high
distortion due to the low number of entries stored in a cache (storing
100MB of data). Previously, the results looked better for HotRod
compared to the first round of tests I did for ISPN 5.2. Now the results
for HotRod are worst of the three measurements, inVM mode remains the same:

HotRod (ISPN 5.2):
entry size -> overhead per entry
512B  -> 174B
1kB   -> 178B
10kB  -> 176B

HotRod (ISPN 5.3-SNAPSHOT, a few weeks ago)
512B  -> 159 (~ -9%)
1kB   -> 159 (~ -11%)
10kB  -> 154 (this is perhaps affected by the low number of entries
stored in mem.)

HotRod (ISPN 5.3-SNAPSHOT, now)
512B  -> 191
1kB   -> 191 (measured twice)
10kB  -> 186 (looks a bit distorted already)

------------------------

Memcached (ISPN 5.2)
512B  -> 184
1kB   -> 181