[infinispan-dev] Infinispan DEF - Custom parameters upon a failover

Strahinja Lazetic lazetics at yahoo.com
Mon May 27 12:51:58 EDT 2013

Hi,

I am currently using Infinispan
Distributed Execution Framework for my Master thesis project and I am
wondering if it is possible that a DistributedCallable receives some
custom parameters from the framework upon a failover, besides Cache
instance and Set of keys passed in the setEnvironment method. As a
simplified example, a DistributedCallable wants to know whether it
was restarted or freshly started. If this is not possible, does it
make sense to add a new method to the DistributedTaskFailoverPolicy
which will return a user supplied parameters Map and then read it
from the setEnvironment method in the DistributedCallable? Here are
the signatures of the methods I was thinking off:

In the DistributedTaskFailoverPolicy
class:

Map<Object, Object>
getEnvironmentParameters()

In the DistributedCallable class:

setEnvironment(Cache<K, V> cache,
Set<K> inputKeys, Map<Object, Object> params)

I was free to try to implement this and
did not take to much time, so now I am wondering if there was already
a way to do something like this in the Infinispan DEF.

Thank you in advance for your comments
and suggestions.
Strahinja Lazetic