[infinispan-dev] CommandAwareRpcDispatcher desired logic

Pedro Ruivo pedro at infinispan.org
Wed May 29 09:50:17 EDT 2013

Hi all,

//related to https://issues.jboss.org/browse/ISPN-3100

In here [1] I've added three simple tests to the CARD logic with the
ResponseFilter.

#1 testResponses() => tests if all the responses are returned. This test
is failing because the FutureCollactor only returns the last response.

*question* is this the desired behaviour or is it a bug (and this test
is incorrect)?

#2 testTimeout() => tests the timeout when a ResponseFilter is used. It
sets the timeout to 1000 milliseconds and sends a command that sleeps
for 5000 millisecond before reply. This test is failing because no
TimeoutException was thrown (as expected). That's why I've created
ISPN-3100.

*question* is the desired behaviour to wait infinitely? If yes, then
ISPN-3100 is invalid.

#3 testTimeoutWithoutFilter() => tests the timeout without a filter.
It's working correctly!

Thanks!

Cheers,
Pedro