[infinispan-dev] code highlight in github/asciidoc

Mircea Markus mmarkus at redhat.com
Mon Nov 4 12:54:53 EST 2013

On Nov 4, 2013, at 10:40 AM, Galder Zamarreño <galder at redhat.com> wrote:

> I find the lack of syntax highlighting a small thing TBH. You can always take the code, paste it in a gist and put the link in the design document.

As long as you do that, +1.
The document is read way more many times than written and I think syntax highlighting really helps with redability.

> I do however find asciidoc much better for structuring complex documentation. For example, adding a bullet or numbered point section with code/quote sections inside.

Does that actually work on github? asciidoc also provides syntax highlighting, but the github renderer doesn't take it into account.

> Personally, I'd leave it up to individual contributors to decide what they prefer in terms of markup language, although I agree that a preferable markup language should be defined in the documentation.

Sure, both of them are pretty straight forward. Let's used both then (document updated).