[infinispan-dev] design for cluster events (wiki page)

Galder Zamarreño galder at redhat.com
Fri Nov 8 04:36:39 EST 2013

In terms of API, instead of having:

void currentPartitionReadOnly();
void currentPartitionAvailable(boolean available);

Wouldn't it make sense to UNAVAILABLE, READ_ONLY or AVAILABLE an enum (e.g. called PartitionStatus) and then have a single method like:

void markPartitionAs(PartitionStatus status);

Also, we also have ComponentStatus and that's used throughout the code to determine the state if the cache and components. Although not the same purpouse, there's somewhat a link, and there's already an interceptor called InvocationContextInterceptor that, amongst other things, verifies whether a cache operation can be called on the cache.

It'd probably make sense that the logic in InvocationContextInterceptor WRT controlling the cache status and the new AvailabilityInterceptor would merge into one single interceptor.

Cheers,