[infinispan-dev] design for cluster events (wiki page)

Mircea Markus mmarkus at redhat.com
Fri Nov 8 06:52:38 EST 2013

On Nov 8, 2013, at 9:42 AM, Galder Zamarreño <galder at redhat.com> wrote:

> Mircea, I haven't read this fully, but I want to clarify something about the discussion we had on this particular topic, before commenting on it.
>
> Didn't we agree when we discussed it with Sanne and Adrian that this would not be a good idea?

Hmm I don't remember getting to that conclusion, but of course we can re-open that discussion.
This is a design design made together with Adrian and Sanne and IFRC all three of use were very pleased with the outcome.

> Discussing this I came to the conclusion that to build the CEP or CQ functionality, what you'd really want is remote events for Hot Rod, which then led to me explaining what to do with remote Hot Rod events.

I remember that discussion of course, but weren't we talking about how to unify these features? They do indeed seem to have something in common, but they serve different purposes IMO.