[infinispan-dev] merging all the github projects back?

Galder Zamarreño galder at redhat.com
Thu Nov 21 06:41:37 EST 2013

On Nov 19, 2013, at 10:21 AM, Martin Gencur <mgencur at redhat.com> wrote:

> On 19.11.2013 09:59, Dan Berindei wrote:
>> BTW, Maven rebuilds every module in the reactor every time you run a
>> build. On my machine, it takes 6 minutes to build everything in the
>> Infinispan reactor. Would you really want to wait 6 minutes every time
>> you want to test something in the server?

^ That's quite common actually, if you want to fix something in the main Infinispan source code that fails when running in server mode.

> Actually, we often end up doing that cos we first need to build ISPN
> core and then the server which is dependent on ISPN core. It happens
> quite often that ISPN server works only with latest version of ISPN core.
>
> So if I understand it correctly, the ISPN server would be integrated in
> the main ISPN repository. I guess it would be a specific module which
> you could build on its own (and also run its tests). This would cover
> the case when you don't need to build ISPN core in order to run the
> server. Or did I miss something?

Yeah, it'd be a module whose build controls all what it's doing right now. Sure, you could just build/test the server bits passing a -pl X, where X is whatever name we give it to the module. We already have `server` taken, so what should we name this?