[infinispan-dev] merging all the github projects back?

Galder Zamarreño galder at redhat.com
Thu Nov 21 06:51:53 EST 2013

On Nov 20, 2013, at 12:43 AM, Sanne Grinovero <sanne at infinispan.org> wrote:

> Hi Manik,
> the problem the team has been facing past week is that the other
> modules are depending on a -SNAPSHOT version, and after having done
> some final touches to the modules in the core repo, we then find out
> that the other modules don't build anymore.
>
> This happened several times, and while it's normal for dependant
> projects to occasionally break, it's not so nice that the current
> structure doesn't allow for it to be spotted, or managed time-wise: it
> is important to be able to release at any point in time, but having
> potential "surprises" in different modules makes it hard to predict
> how long it will take to get to a stable tag.
>
> My suggestion is not to necessarily return all external modules in the
> core repository, but rather to make sure the modules which are
> separately also have the benefit of a different release cycle, so that
> you can always release any module at any time.

Essentially, we'd bring back to infinispan/ repo those bits that are release in under the same release cycle, which are:

- infinispan/
- infinispan-server/
- infinispan-cachestore-leveldb/
- infinispan-cachestore-rest/

I'd also consider bringing in protostream…

The rest would stay in their own repos and be released as needed.