[infinispan-dev] Which QueryBuilder ?

Sanne Grinovero sanne at infinispan.org
Thu Oct 3 10:48:45 EDT 2013

On 3 October 2013 14:10, Adrian Nistor <anistor at redhat.com> wrote:
> I know, was just joking. Anyway, I don't see any confusion having two
> classes with the same name.

It's going to be hard enough to explain to people why we are providing
two different approaches, if we can't even think of a different name
to properly highlight the different usage then we have a problem.

Try figuring the forum / support question "I'm using QueryBuilder on
Infinispan 7.3 and this happens... "

The javadoc index will have it listed twice -> annoying.

Google for "QueryBuilder Infinispan" -> annoying

Or try figuring out the documentation:

# Chapter 5: Queries.
There are two approaches to run Queries in Infinispan. Either you use
the QueryBuilder, which provides simple domain oriented properties and
can work both in embedded and remote mode, or you use the more
powerfull QueryBuilder.

# 5.1 QueryBuilder
blah blah

# 5.2 QueryBuilder
blah blah

If they are different, the should really have different names, even
just to avoid confusion among ourselves when talking about hem. If you
feel they're the same, the interesting alternative is to literally
merge them in one single interface, potentially exposing multiple
methods.

Sanne