[infinispan-dev] DistributedExecutorSVC.submitEverywhere(callableTask) -- dispatching task > 1x (??)

ben.cotton ben.cotton at jpmorgan.com
Tue Oct 8 07:28:47 EDT 2013

We have an ISPN 5.1.6 data grid (that executes on top of JGroups) that
includes the following topology:

 2 x Linux host(s)
Each with 30 x Java VM Nodes

TOTAL = 60 Nodes

On this 60 Node grid we use the

org.infinispan.distexec.DistributedExecutorService and
org.inifinispan.util.concurrent.NotifyingFuture

APIs to manage the dispatch of a MapReduce TASK that originates from a
dedicated  TASK SENDER Node and targets the full set of 60 TASK RECEIVER
Nodes to complete the computation.

The exact API invoke (from the Task SENDER) – of course – looks like

            //build the DistributedExecutorService and Callable instance