[infinispan-dev] Is anyone else experiencing JGRP-1675

Radim Vansa rvansa at redhat.com
Fri Oct 11 08:40:45 EDT 2013

Hi,

since Infinispan moved to JGroups 3.4, we're experiencing occassional
deadlocks in some tests - most of threads that send anything over
JGroups are waiting in JGroups' FlowControl.decrementCredits. The
problem sometimes goes away after several seconds, but it produces some
ugly spikes in our througput/response time charts. Originally this
affected just some RadarGun tests but this is appearing in some
client-server tests as well (we've recently investigated an issue where
this appeared in a regular soak test).
I was looking into that [1] for some time but haven't really figured out
the cause. The workaround is to set up MFC and UFC credits high enough
(I use 10M) and stuff works then. I was trying to reproduce that on pure
JGroups, but unsuccessfully.
I am not asking anyone to dig into that, but I wanted to know whether QA
is alone experiencing that or if there are more of us.

Radim

[1] https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JGRP-1675

--
Radim Vansa <rvansa at redhat.com>