[infinispan-dev] Configuration compatibility expectations ?

Sanne Grinovero sanne at infinispan.org
Sun Oct 13 08:15:40 EDT 2013

I suspected that, but it looks quite bad to have this gap in the
community, especially since the 6.0 documentation on configuration is
basically non-existent.

I ended up figuring out the configuration I need, but it involved a
debugger and infinispan-core source code at hand.. an hour to setup a
simple File CacheStore :-(

The new documentation is looking great, but regarding configuration
it's mostly outdated, while it's clearly tagged as "6.0".. misleading!

Its much more of a pain to live with than it was on Confluence: I
can't easily fix it nor comment on it. Yes I realize I could open the
sources, make changes, render it and send a pull .. but it's too
distracting from my current goals of the day so that won't happen, my
brain can open a limited stack to address unrelated issues. With this
documentation approach you need to make sure it's actually maintained
by the team.

Having it in the same version control of the project should make it
easy to mandate documentation updates to happen with the same pull
requests affecting API changes.
I realize the documentation change was done after many code changes
where applied already, but before 6.0 I'd expect to see an effort to
bring the documentation on par.. I've opened some issues.

Sanne