[infinispan-dev] Is anyone else experiencing JGRP-1675

Radim Vansa rvansa at redhat.com
Wed Oct 16 11:13:55 EDT 2013

On 10/16/2013 04:08 PM, Bela Ban wrote:
> (1) Taking flow control out of a config is a *bad thing* unless
>        * your message is small or
>        * you make a blocking RPC. In this case you could use NO_FC,
> bypassing flow control. Not sure if Infinispan does this
Infinispan mostly uses dispatchers with blocking RPC - there are some
messages with ResponseMode.GET_NONE, but these are usually used only
after some blocking communication (I think that TxNotificationCommand is
sent this way). So, for Infinispan the FC may not be really needed.

> (2) Use MFC/UFC rather than FC, which is deprecated
I think that FC is misleading acronym for FlowControl - as MFC and UFC
inherit from FlowControl, shortening it to FC is touting.

Radim