[infinispan-dev] Event handling behaviour

Sanne Grinovero sanne at infinispan.org
Thu Oct 17 09:10:30 EDT 2013

It looks like that this discussion is based on what's more convenient
for you all to code, but the decision should be made based on what
users need, and frankly I think there are lots of good reasons to
expect the event to happen in the scope of the same transaction, and
even had the capability to fail the transaction.

For example a strong use case for these events is data validation: I'm
looking forward for an integration with Bean Validation, and when that
happens I'm pretty sure we'll want to rollback the transaction in case
of validation failures.

BTW I still don't like the need to invoke "isPre()". IMO you should
provide a way to register the Listener to happen only after or before;
the isPre method can stay where it is for convenience but it bothers
me that you have to call it on each invocation, it should be optional,
for example for those cases in which I need two different operations
to happen before/after and I'm too lazy to code two different
listener.

Sanne