[infinispan-dev] Performance of Infinispan-Query Module

Sanne Grinovero sanne at infinispan.org
Wed Oct 23 04:39:40 EDT 2013

On 22 October 2013 17:37, Emmanuel Bernard <emmanuel at hibernate.org> wrote:
> It's more how random your dataset is. If you're indexing the sex
> property of a user, your index is non discriminant.
> If you're indexing by (real) names, it is very efficient, unless youa re
> in Smurf land.
>
> In all cases, generating data out of say 10 fake names, leads to
> inefficient indexes because the dataset is non discriminant.
>
> Emmanuel
>
> On Tue 2013-10-22 12:29, Shane Johnson wrote:
>> Perhaps map / reduce is a better option for smaller data sets?

That's probably the simplest solution for experimentation on a small
data set, especially if you don't need any of the more advanced
free-text functions like term vectors and frequencies, but if this is
a small test aimed at designing a larger scale system you would
probably need Query or a combination of Map/Reduce with Query.

Sanne